Monday 1 April 2013

Chaser...

I finally got back into the swing of doing touristy things with friends this year. By the end of my contract in Pyeongtaek, I was exhausted so I'd become pretty lazy by the time I moved to Sema.

In January, Sally and I took a trip to the Tim Burton exhibition in Seoul... very cool to see!



 
In February, Sally, Heather and I got together and decided to really go down the tourist route and take the Seoul City bus tour... only 10,000 won for the day, it goes to all the major places from the War museum, to Myeongdong, to Itaewan, and even the Blue House (the President's house)! I'd definitely recommend it.


 First stop was Itaewan for some cracking banter, and check out the lunch!




Not quite the real thing... but it'll do for a girl who hasn't had a chippy for 17 months!


The rest of the day involved some great laughs, great food in random places (I love the cakes here!) and some great sites.






 The view from the top of Namsan was absolutely gorgeous, the photos don't do it justice at all!






At the end of the day, Sally headed back to her mountain top in Gapyeong, and Heather and I headed back to Suwon... but we decided after a power nap on the train, we weren't done yet!



This bar in Suwon was gorgeous, lots of cushions and blankets and comfy seats, plus delicious wine, candle light and an endless supply of nachos! Loved it.

Inspired by the trek to the top of Namsan, Heather and I decided to do a 'small' hike last weekend. We met at lunchtime and took the bus to the foot of Gwanggyosan mountain in Suwon. It took us about 3 hours to get up and back down, and that's including the beer time we had at the top, so not too bad! But I was pretty disgusted at how out of shape I am... with the prettiest months coming soon and lots of weekends away to different hill-walking spots planned with husband-to-be, I really need to get exercising! The walk to work everyday plus walking with the Watson-monster 2-3 times a day obviously isn't cutting it!







 As you can see, I wasn't really in the right kit for a hike... that's my excuse for my terrible performance and I'm sticking to it! 


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment